Monday, April 13, 2015

My son's 1st birthday party decoration ideas

My son is already one years old! Where did time go? To celebrate this big milestone I decided to decorate our house with simple things.

First I made these big flower balls and hung them. My colleague told me it was easy to make them. They are, but you have to be careful not to rip them when you open each sheet. Although, even if it's ripped, it won't be apparent.  I took the tutorial from Thoughtfully Simple.


Then, I made a "Happy Birthday" garland. They are really easy to make. I used some 6x6 scrapbook paper and cut them in triangles. I used a permanent black marker to write "Bonne Fete" for Happy Birthday in French. I then used some leftover yarn and tape to hang them.



I also reused my Valentine's Day garland and some balloons to decorate.



Obviously balloons are a must for decorating!



Finally I made some yummy banana cupcakes from Lil' Luna which my son loved! At first I thought it was a waste of time to separate the egg whites and the egg yolks. But it made the cupcakes so yummy! These are great because they do not contain milk for those little ones who are allergic to milk. You can even replace the eggs with apple sauce if ever they are allergic to those too. Unfortunately the picture I took was so out of focus that I have to use Lil' Luna's picture.

Credit : Lil' Luna



No comments:

Post a Comment