Saturday, July 18, 2015

My little super hero DIY costume for baby

Yesterday at daycare was super hero day! The kids had to dress up as their favourite super hero! I was really excited to make a homemade super hero costume!

First you got to decide which super hero you want to be. We decided to go with Super Man. But I didn't want Anthony to be a generic Super Man, I wanted him to be Super Anthony!!!! So I made a Superman logo with an A inside instead of the S. Here is my logo. You can use it as you wish.
I used iron-on paper and printed the logo on it. Then, I cut the paper and I ironed it on a white onesie following the instructions.


It said not to use a iron board, but I had nothing else to use, so I put a ceramic under the onesie to have a really flat surface.


 The result is very nice. The logo is a little bit thick on the fabric and robust


I bought a 100% polyester tank top to make the cape. With all the sales it's almost cheaper to buy a tank top than fabric. But you could use any red fabric you have. Cut a rectangular piece. Try to make it wide like your onesie's collar and long so the cape arrives just above the bum.


After you need to sew the edges and so the cape to the onesie's collar. 


 Unfortunately I did not have my mom's sewing machine so I used fusing paper which you can use to hem. I was not very familiar with it so the finish was a little sloppy. But I was really happy with the end result.

 I bought some royal blue pants and red underwear to finish off the costume!


All that was left to do was to wear it and go to day care and do the Super Hero Parade!


No comments:

Post a Comment